Tuesday, June 22, 2010

San Francisco


Spent the day in San Francisco recently doing some of the touristy things, which I do every so often. It was fun. Went across the Golden Gate Bridge. Went down Lombard Street (crookedest street in the world). Went to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39.

It's good sometimes to do the touristy things in your own area. It's funny because people will travel thousands of miles to do touristy things and ignore the stuff right their own back yard. I've met many a New Yorker who have never been to the Statue of Liberty, for instance.

Of course, I have a fondness for San Francisco anyway. I lived there for 10 years from 1986-1996. I'm not sure I would move back, but it was fun at the time, and since it is so close to me, I can always go back and visit (and I won't get lost)...

No comments: