Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"Iron Man 2" is Good, Too!

Alright, I don't understand critics sometimes. I loved "Iron Man" and I loved "Iron Man 2". I think I liked the first one more, but the point is, these are good movies and what a superhero movie should be. That is, filled with action, but also a decent story, decent story structure and humor. Also, a tad bit of believability should be there, but it is understandable that these things are over the top.

I had no hopes for "Iron Man" the original, when it came out because there had been a slew of BORING superhero movies. My tastes in superheroes veir the direction of the Adam West "Batman", which is way too campy for most. To me, how silly is it for someone to basically run around in their underwear fighting crime with another nincompoop wearing his underwear?

So, "Iron Man 2" was a breath of fresh air, too. Best scene: the ultimate fate of the ex-wife weapon. I also loved the more than a wink and a nod to Disney's Epcot and Carousel of Tomorrow, even going so far as to hire Richard Sherman to write a parody song called "Make Way For Tomorrow Today" (parody of "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"). Great stuff!

Anyway, if you don't take these things too seriously, you can have a lot of fun.

No comments: