Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Odd Couple


Rewatching old episodes from Season 4 of "The Odd Couple". I really enjoyed this show as a kid and amazingly my dad never really saw many of them during their original airing from 1970-75, so that they are all new to him.

One of my favorites from this season is the Bobby Riggs one ("The Pig Who Came to Dinner") where Riggs and Oscar Madison (Jack Klugman) bet on everything they do and Riggs continually wins, going so far as to send Oscar's roommate Felix Unger (Tony Randall) to be Riggs' slave!

I showed it to my dad and he had never seen it, but thought it was very funny. I am so glad this show has held up for almost 40 years...

The photo above is advertising the climactic ping-pong battle which includes a cameo from Billie Jean King.

No comments: