Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Allen Swift R.I.P.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Allen Swift for my book "Created and Produced by Total TeleVision productions: The Story of Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo and the Rest" in January 2008. At the time he was not well, but he answered the few questions I had to the best of his ability. He died on April 18 at age 86.

Sadly, at the time, Wikipedia was reporting that Swift was already dead. I had to correct their information and had to do so a couple of times before it took effect. I wished that I got a better interview with Swift, but I can't be too picky, as I totally missed the opportunity to interview people like Don Adams and Norma MacMillan who had passed away a few years earlier.

Fortunately, the rest of the TTV people I interviewed were very good interviews including the ones with the four owners, voice artist Bradley Bolke and two TTV animators.

Anyway, I will miss Swift as he was a central voice to many TTV productions as well as other famous cartoons.

No comments: