Thursday, April 08, 2010

"Clash of the Titans" Review


LOOK AT THIS REVIEW! I saw the new "Clash of the Titans" last night in 3-D (oooh!). It wasn't in IMAX as I was led to believe (rats!). Anyway, I liked it, but I've come to this conclusion based on the reviews by the people I was with. If you liked the old one, you might not like the new one. If you liked the new one, you might not like the old one.

I tend to like both versions for various reasons. I think the taming of Pegasus was done better in the earlier film. I felt the Medusa sequence was done better in the newer film. Incidentally, the Medusa shown here is from the earlier 1981 film.

The best thing in the new movie is when they were going on their quest, one of the characters pulled out a mechanical owl (from the first film) to bring and someone else said, "We won't be needing that."

Overall, both versions of the film are fun. I like the old one because I love Ray Harryhausen stuff. I like the new one because the updated effects are good.

For those who don't have a taste for this type of fantasy film at all, stay away...

No comments: