Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thurl, Part 2

A lot of people ask me, "Why don't you be a writer full time?" Well, what happened today is a good example. I mentioned in a previous blog that I may have conducted the last interview with Thurl Ravenscroft on May 29, 2004 before he passed away a few days ago. The interview was set to run in "Hogan's Alley" #13, being published as we speak, but was pulled at the last moment for space considerations and now is scheduled for #14.

Since writers are usually paid upon publication, it would put a severe cramp in my pocketbook if I didn't have a regular, full-time job to support me. And overall, freelance projects have been slow due to our lackluster economy.

Anyway, on the positive side, "Hogan's Alley" and most of the publications that have published me like my work and regularly ask for more. So good things are happening.

-Mark.

No comments: