Friday, May 27, 2005

Memorial Day

Well, it is going to be Memorial Day weekend this weekend. For me and my family, it has no real significance at all since nobody for generations has ever gone to battle or war for this country in my direct ancestry line. I can't say that I am a pacifist, but I don't understand the concept of war. I guess if you don't have anything, you tend to lash out to get what you want. But what about a country like ours which has everything?

I have never been a fan of war and have always felt that the last "real" war was World War II. Someone reading this may object to my opinions but regardless of what happened on 9/11/01, we should not be at war now. We should have captured those at fault and be done with it.

Oh well. We seem to worry a lot about stem cells and women with feeding tubes dying than people dying in Iraq, both sides included. If we really cared about people getting killed, we'd come home from all battle situations, and there would be no more need for "Memorial Day".

-Mark.

No comments: