Monday, May 23, 2005

Comic Convention Stuff

At the Golden Gate Comic Convention in Oakland yesterday, I met up again with Scott Shaw! (well-known Hanna-Barbera artist among other things). I saw some really cool (as usual) titles that he purchased including "Marge's Blythe", a one-shot comic done by none other than Marge of "Marge's Little Lulu" fame. I guess that this was her attempt at a follow-up character. It was issued in 1960 and was part of the "Four Color" series for Dell.

There were quite a few other goodies in his stack including some "Dennis the Menaces" and a nice copy of "Jackie's Diary". I, myself was no so fortunate. I saw quite a few Harveys, but since I am some 500 issues away from a complete set, finding issues that I don't have is getting quite difficult. I saw plenty of "Richie Rich" comics, but I own all those. Mainly I am looking for missing issues featuring Baby Huey, Casper, Hot Stuff, Little Audrey, Little Dot, Little Lotta, Sad Sack, Spooky and Wendy that I don't already own. Check out "Mark's Rare Comics" website for a complete list of what I am looking for. I am willing to trade!

Anyway, I had a good time and hopefully next time I will find more Harveys. I did purchase six I needed, however...

-Mark.

No comments: