Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sin City

So I saw "Sin City"; another in a long line of films that look good, but aren't good. Yeah, I know there are sexy women and lots of nudity, but for these types of films a story would be nice. And while I respect Frank Miller as an artist, I am not really a fan of his work. Also, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino have done much better in the past. See "From Dusk Till Dawn" for what I mean.

I used to really respect Rodriguez as a director, but ever since he got caught up in the 3-D craze, he really hasn't made anything that has excited me since "Spy Kids 2". I'm referring to "Spy Kids 3" and "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Even his standard films like "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" have suffered.

Rodriguez is currently working on a sequel to "Sin City". I can hardly wait (sarcasm).

--
Regards,

Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

No comments: