Friday, May 13, 2011

Fleetwood Mac



Fleetwood Mac has been around forever, but I've tended to pay attention to the most popular era of their history, the Lindsay Buckingham-Stevie Nicks years. I have started to check out albums that I've ignored over the years and found two from vastly different eras, that I've really enjoyed. One is "Future Games" from 1971, and the other is "Time" from 1995.

All of them have Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie, but everyone else is different. The main thing that I've discovered is that there is an overall consistent quality in Fleetwood Mac's music, no matter what the era, but I tend to give the nod to the post-Peter Green, pre-Buckingham-Nicks era from approximately 1970-1974. There is some really progressive and great sounding stuff. Other albums from that time include "Heroes are Hard to Find", "Kiln House", "Penguins", "Mystery to Me", "Bare Trees" (another favorite), etc. etc. A very productive time.

In any case, it proves time and again why Fleetwood Mac is a great band. I enjoy the new sounds each time I hear a new album that I've never heard before.

No comments: