Friday, April 21, 2006

Depression

I guess it happens to the best of us. I used to get depressed all of the time. Nowadays, I don't except for rare occasions. It's not as severe, but when it does happen it seems more of a nuisance because I'm used to feeling good all of the time. There's nothing really to complain about, but sometimes I get depressed that certain people in society make millions of dollars for doing virtually nothing, while others have to struggle for a minimum wage job. I'm not on either extreme, but it would be nice if there were some flattening out of things, but it looks as if it's not going to be the case.

No use in moaning about it, but the thoughts are keeping me from thinking about happier and more pleasant subjects to write about. My depressions are usually about one of three things: my money situation, my relationship situation, and my career situation. When it's one or two of these things, it's ok, but when all three happen, it sometimes becomes a crisis, especially when things come to a head. Fortunately, things in my life have come to a head often enough that it doesn't really bother me anymore.

You know how they say people are risktakers when they are younger, and then when they get older, they get set in their ways? Well, I'm the opposite, I used to not take a lot of chances for fear of the consequences. As I get older, I am willing to take more chances as I feel, what have I got to lose? I'm not going to live forever, so why not have a little fun? And besides, there may be a positive outcome, but you don't know unless you try. And, if you fail, so what, at least you can say you tried, instead of speculating about what could happen if you did or did not do a certain thing...

What's also interesting is how they say people become more conservative over the years. The exact opposite has happened to me. While I have always been a registered Republican, over time, my views have changed to fall more and more in line with the Democrat way of doing things. I never thought this would happen. I keep getting more and more liberal in my way of thinking. I guess it's kind of a "I don't give a crap" attitude, although I do care, but just not in the obsessive way that I used to be about things.

--
Regards,

Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

No comments: