Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl XL and Censorship

The Superbowl is overrated! Especially the commercials! I think the days of the innovative commercials died with the dot com era, because most of the ones shown were just standard ones shown elsewhere, or otherwise unremarkable. There were a couple of good ones, but you could say that about watching commercials at any time, not just the Superbowl.

"The Rolling Stones" at half-time was kind of fun, but why did they censor themselves. I mean "Start Me Up" has only been played on television about a half a billion times since 1981 and now they think of censoring it? And "Rough Justice" says "cocks", but he's referring to "roosters", and even if he wasn't, so what? I'm surprised they didn't also censor "make some girl" from "Satisfaction" (which was censored on "Ed Sullivan" all those years ago.) to give it a censorship hat trick!

Censorship of this sort is stupid! I agree with George Carlin when he says, "I love this country. I love the freedoms we used to have."! All I can say is bring us more of Janet Jackson's tit!

As far as the game went...eh?

--
Regards,

Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

1 comment:

Bishop said...

I read about that this morning and almost choked on my coffee. I suppose Mick can laugh that he's getting bleeped the way he did way back when.

Rather astounding.

I had vague hopes that they'd at least make a statement with either Highwire or My Sweet Neo-Con, but were probably contractually barred.