Monday, February 20, 2006

President's Day

So, here I am working on President's Day. I have worked a few President's Days in the past, but for this position, most of the people I would contact are not available and on holiday themselves. It just makes me want to revamp the holiday system in the US. This is what I propose as the new holiday system where we have one paid holiday per month that encompasses numerous holidays at one time:

January - New Year's Day
February - Valentine's Day/President's Day
March - St. Patrick's Day
April - Easter/Passover
May - Memorial Day
June - Flag Day
July - Independence Day
August - Martin Luther King Day
September - Labor Day
October - Halloween
November - Thanksgiving
December - Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Whatever...

As you can see, I moved Martin Luther King Day to August. Why? Well, most companies don't get the day off coming two weeks after New Year's, so we should put it in August, where there are no holidays. Besides, August is when Martin Luther King performed his "I Have a Dream" speech in 1963, which is more significant than his birthday anyway.

Regards,
Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

No comments: