Friday, February 24, 2006

FW: Thompson Twins Hold Me Now Cover Version

I was a huge Thompson Twins fan in their 80s heyday, and was always disappointed
that they just threw in the towel after about 10 or so years, unlike U2 who
keeps going and going and going.... Anyway, I just heard a cover version of
"Hold Me Now" and I'm not sure if it was by Wayne Wonder or Cosmicity. It was
probably the Wayne Wonder version as it sounded kind of R&B and actually sounded
better than the Twins original version. I wish the Thompson Twins (the line-up
with Tom Bailey, Alannah Currie and Joe Leeway) would reunite for a new album and
tour. I think that they could do great things and be very contemporary with
their sound. Of course, Tom and Alannah are divorced now, so it may be tough. Oh well. At least I can spin the oldies...

--
Regards,

Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

No comments: