Monday, July 25, 2005

Selling

Selling is the only job I know of that you can get away without paying someone. The exception would be an internship, but since that's training, it is sort of excusable. I feel that everyone should get paid for every job that they do regardless of what it is. With sales, they usually say commission only figuring the incentive is enough to get you to do the job. What they don't realize is that it takes money to GET to a job, not just do it. And selling isn't magic. If I could sell every time I walked into a place or telephoned someone, I wouldn't need to work as I would have so much money I could retire. So for all organizations who utilize sales people, pay them a decent wage like everyone else. If they don't perform that's one thing, but don't penalize them for effort.

-Mark.

No comments: