Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finally Found Thurl Ravenscroft Album!!!


I finally found a download of a very rare Thurl Ravenscoft album!! For those who don't know, Ravenscroft was the voice of Tony the Tiger for over 50 years!! He also sang the theme song to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and the Grinch song in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "No Dogs Allowed" in "Snoopy, Come Home" among other things.

This particular album was available as a digital download and is everything I expected. Ravenscroft narrates the story behind the Gospel song and then sings it. I had the pleasure to interview with Ravenscroft a few years ago, and I asked him if there were any plans to issue this to CD and he said probably not. Sadly, it turned out to be his final interview and can be found in "Hogan's Alley" magazine.

I would still love to see it rereleased. Despite a download, I'd still be interested in a vinyl version of this, so if you see one cheap, please let me know...

No comments: