Friday, January 04, 2008

Simpsons Movie Review

I haven't written a blog in awhile just because I have been exceedingly busy with the holidays and such. Anyway, I finally saw the "Simpsons Movie" last night on DVD and have to say that I half like it. I have given up on "The Simpsons" as of last season as the writing has really gone downhill. I didn't even want to see the movie because of this. I later found out that the movie was written by some of the older writers. This made me more excited to see it.



What's interesting is there is a joke about 2/3's of the way through the picture where it says, "To Be Continued" at the top of the screen. What's amazing is that the last half hour of the movie really sucked!!



I believe the first hour of the movie was written by the earlier writers, while the last half hour was written by the current team. It's just that noticeable! See for yourself if you don't believe me. I was laughing for the first hour and then then laughs completely dropped off especially when they were trying to be funny.



Even the first hour had moments of lousy humor...Spider-Pig, give me a break!!



Ultimately, what could have been the best Simpsons story just felt like a standard half hour show padded out to 90 minutes. Very disappointing.

No comments: