Monday, April 23, 2007

An Ape Named APE

I worked the APE Convention (Amateur Press Exposition) over the weekend. I met quite a few people including Dan Vado of Slave Labor Graphics and Steve Wyatt of Super-Con fame and Raphael of Sonambulo fame. I worked for Lee Hester at Lee's Comics and saw a few friends from the Bay Area Comic Book Meet Up Group. We actually sold quite a bit of stuff and the atmosphere was most relaxed and set up and take down was relatively easy. If you are ever in San Francisco during the time of this show (typically April), I suggest checking it out.

I also purchased some books like "Girls with Corpses", "The Possum" and a comic on the Titanic and another on the Santa Cruz Beack Boardwalk and finally purchased Dan Fogel's "Underground Comic Book Price Guide". I got a few autographs and a few original sketches including one of Ren & Stimpy.

Totally fun...

Regards,
Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

1 comment:

Bishop said...

Hey Mark - I should have guessed you'd be going to APE. Did you by any chance give a glance to either my friend Tristan flogging How Loathsome and some more recent work (with the nature of which I am not familiar) or my friend Russell who has just self-published what looks to be a very cool adventure, Across and Endless Sea?